it's over

Friday, November 7, 2008 | |


My friend Lauren had told me about a group of people that get together on Thursday nights at a local high school to use their darkroom facilities for personal photography, leaving the commercial work behind. While it sounded like a really nice group of traditionalists, I for some reason thought of myself somewhat removed from simple b/w processing. I'm not sure why... but I didn't feel the need to "go out of my way" when I do so much with scanner/photoshop.
However, with the colder months coming on, I decided to sign up for the Fall Quarter workshop. Next week will be our last and all I can think about is, "When will Winter quarter start!"
It has been a real test of commitment to consistently shoot film, but more difficult, to put four hours aside to do nothing but make pictures.
Just. To. Make. Pictures. In a dark dark room.

Image: Corey and I walkin' around downtown on a Sunday afternoon. Shot with HP5 at 400 using Canon EOS and 16-35L. Printed on Kodak paper with an Ilford 4 filter.

0 comments: